The United States announced an additional $3.75 billion in new military assistance to Ukraine and countries impacted by Russia’s war.
The aid includes the 29th drawdown from stocks totaling $2.85 billion and $682 million in Foreign Military Financing for European partners and allies to help incentivize and support military donations to Ukraine, according to a Jan. 6 news release.
“Today the United States announced $3.75B in military assistance to Ukraine and our European partners and allies, including Foreign Military Financing and a $2.85B drawdown from @DeptofDefense stocks. As Ukraine pushes back Russia's forces, we remain #UnitedWithUkraine,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in a post on Twitter.
The funds will provide Ukraine with Bradley infantry fighting vehicles, artillery systems, armored personnel carriers, surface-to-air missiles, ammunition and other commodities to support Ukraine, the release reported
“I am grateful to Congress for continuing to provide this increased drawdown authority, most recently under the Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act 2023, that was signed into law by the president last month,” Blinken said, according to the release.
The release also states that, by working with Congress, the State Department intends to provide an additional $907 million of Foreign Military Financing under the Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act 2022 to cover wartime provisions. To date, $24.9 billion has been granted to Ukraine for military assistance, the release reported.