A Stamford man has been indicted on federal charges related to child exploitation offenses, according to an announcement from David X. Sullivan, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut. The indictment follows an investigation by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the Stamford Police Department.
Authorities allege that Rick Marro, 44, was investigated after a 16-year-old male reported in August 2023 that he had been sexually exploited by Marro. According to court documents, the victim met Marro through a dating application and later communicated with him via Snapchat starting in April 2023. The victim told law enforcement that he visited Marro’s home several times and that two encounters were sexual in nature. He also reported being given “poppers” by Marro and said that Marro engaged in asphyxiation practices, including one incident where the victim lost consciousness.
Law enforcement reviewed the victim’s Snapchat account and found videos sent by Marro depicting their sexual activity as well as a video showing Marro choking the victim. Further examination of Marro’s cell phone revealed the same videos along with text messages to another individual in which Marro stated he had "choked [the victim] all the way to unconscious today by accident."
Marro was arrested on January 18, 2024, following a federal criminal complaint. On October 15, 2025, a federal grand jury indicted him on three counts: production of child pornography—which carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years and up to 30 years; receipt and distribution of child pornography—with penalties ranging from five to twenty years; and possession of child pornography—with a maximum penalty of ten years.
Marro pleaded not guilty at his arraignment on November 6, 2025. He remains detained pending trial scheduled for August 2026.
U.S. Attorney Sullivan emphasized: "An indictment is not evidence of guilt. Charges are only allegations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."
Assistant U.S. Attorney Neeraj N. Patel is prosecuting the case.
This prosecution falls under Project Safe Childhood Initiative—a U.S. Department of Justice program focused on protecting children from sexual abuse and exploitation. More information about this initiative can be found at www.justice.gov/psc.
Cases involving suspected child exploitation can be reported at www.cybertipline.com
